We would like to have a hackathon of Freedom Box on 30th April, from 10:30 to 18:00. For background on how FSMK has been involved in learning about the use of Freedom Box project to do a community wireless infrastructure please check this link Workshop on Low Cost Community Networks with FreedomBox
The aim of this hackathon is to setup the network that would be present in a village setting at a smaller scale i.e.
- Get the Freedom box software (a Debian based distribution) working on a single board computer (SBC)
- Explore the various services such as the VoIP server, Next cloud, ToR router and so on in the Freedom Box distribution
- Connect a couple or more routers to the SBC and configure them.
For this please get the following if you have them:
- a supported SBC https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware
- Routers, preferable if it runs OpenWRT. Fine if not too.
- Ethernet switch
- Power adapter with USB cables
- Ethernet cables
- Download the image of Freedom Box for your SBC
Please reply if you can make it to this session.